Geodetic double proportion vs GLO Cor. Proportion

Moderator: Carlson Support

Geodetic double proportion vs GLO Cor. Proportion

Postby catphe10 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:16 pm

Hello all, I am in need of some help. I am doing work for a county in northern WI and I am trying to replace lost section corners.
I am working with Carlson 2017 Embedded with Autocad 2017.
I have been trying to figure out which Carlson Function it the correct one to be using.
The situation is like this, I have 4 miles (E-W) Between known and accepted section corners, and 2 Miles (N-S) Between section corners.
If I use the GLO Corner Proportion Function i get a coord. that is the same as when i do the calculations by hand.
But if i use the Geodetic double proportion function I get a coord. that is 0.91 feet from the GLO Location.
Now the only thing that i can think of that might be throwing it of is when using the Geodetic function it asks for a "mean Bearing of record",
know i know that some time around 1865'ish, the original surveyors changed from recording a magnetic variation to recording a bearing,
unfortunately in the area i am working they gave a magnetic variation not a bearing. so i have just been using 0°N and 90°E for the "mean bearing of record".
So if someone can tell me how to compute a bearing from the magnetic variation that would be great to.
But i am mainly looking for the correct function to use in Carlson.

Thanks,
catphe10

Return to Survey