Triangulate and Contour assistance needed

Moderator: Carlson Support

Triangulate and Contour assistance needed

Postby JeffreyB » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:24 am

Good day everyone. I wanted to know what would be the best way or where could a find an step by step of how to properly perform an adequate triangulation and contouring of a project. I've try several times and usually something seems to not add up or just ends up crashing my computer.

I am running Autodesk Civil 3D 2011 with Carlson Survey 2014.
1. Up load my crd points with elevations and real z axis on.
2. Shrink wrap my points.
3. Draw building shapes and curves for break lines
4. Start triangulation and contouring
A. Select area to be triangulated
B. Building for exclusion
C. Select points and break lines ( so basically just highlight everything
D. Between holding nights, and non gs related shots turns my project into a massacre.

. I've gonne as far as to delete the points no related, and figure I would over lay other points on top to complete project but turns that the slopes aren't how they should be. I can only assume is because of missing points, or something that I just simply don't know yet.

I just now saw on YouTube the Field to finish (F2F) option, which I hope allows me to select points to create a surface of and perhaps add break lines to. Other than that I have no idea what else to do and I put myself at your mercy to see if anyone else here could offer some clues, tips, suggestions, anything, because I have already done the contours by hand and I am in the annoying process of drawing them manually using splines but I feel it can look better if the software were to do it, and because I would really like to learn how to complete such task in the future.

So then again I hope I can get some suggestions from any fellow member of this forum, and I want to thank you for taking the time to read my post.

Thank you all very much and wish you all a very Merry Christmas and Great New Years. Best of luck to everyone
JeffreyB

Return to Survey