text style used for point name

Moderator: Carlson Support

text style used for point name

Postby therock003 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:58 am

How do you set the style it uses for the block, when it draws points? I some time uses non-english characters on point names and they display with question marks on the drawing. Also can you call them when doing lines by their name if they are non-english characters?
therock003

Re: text style used for point name

Postby Streek » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

type STYLE

find the text style PTXT

change it from TXT.SHX to whatever you want
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:19 pm

OR, take a look at which point style you are using under the points setup. There are 9 different options. (I use number 2 mainly.).
Then go yo your SUPPORT directory (C:\user\app data\carlson***\roaming\sup). if you are using style 2, look for the filesvpno2.dwg, Open that dwg file and change the font (edit\text\change font) to whatever font will support your needs. While you are at it you can change the colors of the point attribues if you like. Save the dwg file and see if that works for you.
Dent Cermak

Postby therock003 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:33 am

Thanx guys but none of these method work for me.

I select txt.shx on PTXT but text still appears as question mark.

Dent Cermak wrote:OR, take a look at which point style you are using under the points setup. There are 9 different options. (I use number 2 mainly.).
Then go yo your SUPPORT directory (C:\user\app data\carlson***\roaming\sup). if you are using style 2, look for the filesvpno2.dwg, Open that dwg file and change the font (edit\text\change font) to whatever font will support your needs. While you are at it you can change the colors of the point attribues if you like. Save the dwg file and see if that works for you.

By point setup do you mean points defaults and by style you mean the layout id? I went into the sup folder but i couldnt find any of the filesvpnoXX.dwg drawing files..
therock003

Postby Streek » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:00 am

I select txt.shx on PTXT but text still appears as question mark.

That means the font you selected does not support the characters you are trying to display.
Streek

Postby therock003 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Not true. I think it has something to do with .shx not displaying my language since .ttf fonts (like arial) do show the characters. For example you can see that the gr-c.shx clearly supports this character and thw whole language set of keys, and yet it dows not show inside the cad environment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
therock003

Postby Streek » Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:27 pm

Use the TEXT command and see if you can type the symbol you are trying to see, on the screen in a line of text. (Not the .shx viewer)

I bet the character you are trying to see does not exist in the .shx file.

If that is the case, find a font that actually has that character assigned in the .shx file.
Streek

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:36 pm

For this to work each time you import points, ratger than just when you change it in a drawing, the point style drawing must be modified. If I had given you the correct file name it might have worked better, but keyboards have a mind of their own.
Adain go to the SUP folder where all of you blocks are stored. Look for srvpn02.dwg for point style number 2. List the text in that .dwg file. I think the default is PTXT. Using the style command, change te definition of PTXT to what ever font works for you needs. That drawing file is the attribute list for your points, so now, everytime you bring in the points using your prefered style 1-9 they should be in the correct font.
See POINTS/POINT UTILITIES/Change point layer/color for other options.
Dent Cermak

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:44 pm

Also , point setup is under POINTS/POINT DEFAULTS/Attribute Layout ID about midway down the list on the left. It has a box with numbers in it. Each number will give a different layout, or attributr location, for your points. It is these attributes that you can edit as listed in my previous response.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey