Legal Description Writer

Moderator: Carlson Support

Legal Description Writer

Postby jonearnest » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:26 pm

Using Carlson 2017 on the Intellicad platform.

I have a survey boundary that I've used Auto Annotation to label lines (labeled distances to the nearest hundreth of a foot). When I use the Legal Description Writer some of the Line distances differ from the Auto Annotation by 1 to 2 hundreths of a foot. I've checked the precision settings in both modules and they are set the same. When I inverse the line distances in Intellicad, they always match up with Auto Annotated values. It appears the Legal Description Writer may have some issues.

Can someone help me with this issue.

Thanks
jonearnest

Re: Legal Description Writer

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:50 pm

I don't use the legal description writer since it will not output both numeric and word format so I don't know much about it.

Just a wild stab in the dark... First thing that pops into my mind when you mention differences of one or two hundredths is a grid scale factor. Any chance you have a Report Distance Scale set in the Drawing Setup? The annotation routine can be set to label the 1st (direct inverse) distance and / or the 2nd (scaled) distance. Presumably there is a similar setting for the legal description writer?

Of course this is not the case if your Report Distance Scale is = 1
gskelhorn

Re: Legal Description Writer

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 pm

I see there is also a setting in the General section of the Legal Description Writer where you can specify Grid or Geodetic distance... maybe check that.

jk.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gskelhorn

Return to Survey