SURVCE 3.00 & 3.01 DON'T RECOGNIZE DISTANCE IN 2 POINTOFFSET

Moderator: Carlson Support

SURVCE 3.00 & 3.01 DON'T RECOGNIZE DISTANCE IN 2 POINTOFFSET

Postby tstrickland » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Beware, these versions store a 0.0 distance in the offset routine when using a two point in direction with rtk. According to the raw data file, it uses a 0.0 distance. However, when you exit the routine, it says that the last point has not been stored, and if you elect to store it, it will store it correctly, but only the last point.
I will forward the bug to Carlson support, as well as a couple of small bugs that don't make much difference, but this one could bite you if you're not aware of it!!! Hopefully this will get addressed soon.

Workaround: Take the two shots for the offset, enter the distance, and choose to exit without storing the point. When prompted that the point has not been stored, store it and it will be correct. Start routine over and repeat for additional offsets.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Re: SURVCE 3.00 & 3.01 DON'T RECOGNIZE DISTANCE IN 2 POINTOF

Postby tstrickland » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 pm

Still don't work correct on 3.02. I don't know what the problem is, I've emailed about this.
This could bite you if you're not aware of it. It works correctly in versions 2.x and below.

EDIT: Got an email that they were able to duplicate the bug. Hopefully it will be resolved in next release.

UPDATE: It is FIXED IN 3.03. You have to exit out of the distance box after inputting offset distance, however, to store the point. Otherwise the "store" button is grayed out, which is different from previous versions.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to SurvCE General