F2F mult codes

Moderator: Carlson Support

F2F mult codes

Postby JMDavis » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:25 pm

I'm testing the mult code to draw lines for edge of gravel/conc sidewalk. The result is a gravel line for all lines. I have tried several different things with no luck. How do you code it?

Thanks
JMDavis

Re: F2F mult codes

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:37 am

EG+7 EC+7
EG EC
EG EG
EG EC CLO
EG-7

(In my F2F, EG is edge of gravel and EC is edge of concrete)
Dent Cermak

Postby JMDavis » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

I can get it to work at home but not at the office. It must be a setting somewhere.

Thanks for your response.
JMDavis

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:57 am

I bet your *.FLD file is corrupted on the "bad" computer.
Go to C:\users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Carlson Software\Carlson Survey 20**\ R20**\enu\USER
Find the filefld2fin.ini and delete it.
Restart your drawing and rerun Field To Finish and all should be fine.
In essence, you will rewrite the corrupted *.ini file. Mine went screwy and would draw the lines, points and everyuthing EXCEPT for my symbols (YES, I had checked the symbols box.)
Dent Cermak

Postby Mike L » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:50 pm

JM Davis,

A common theme we run into when processing F2F and not displaying linework, is the "Special Codes" are not set correctly. I believe they are defaulted for the -7,+7 scheme. We changed all of these to B(beg), E(end), BC, EC, etc., for ease and clarity. Also, you might notice these codes to not be what you anticipated. A few times, these special codes had been changed back to default without my doing. This is something else to be cognicent of. The options for special codes are quite amazing, after researching what each code does, it was really helpful in the field and creating surfaces. I have in depth experience with this matter, so please reply if you have any other questions.

Mike
Mike L

Postby gskelhorn » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:49 pm

I realize this is an old thread but just in case it is useful...

Another possible cause might be having "Draw Field Codes Without a Suffix as Points Only" enabled in the Code Table Settings dialog.
gskelhorn

Postby ColC » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:43 pm

Dent,
You have provided to the solution to big problem I had on Tuesday. I had a job with about 1800 points to reduce and I just could not get F2F to finish the full number of points without crashing. I made hundreds of attempts to get a result by plotting only groups of points at a time, etc. After about 10hrs and after a multitude of crash reports being sent off, I took the job home and it worked a dream on my home laptop. That lead me to all sorts of horrible speculation of the problem of my office system. All of which had shared been with Vladimir, Dave & Leonid.

Then at breakfast yesterday morning, I read your posting(9.3.2013) re deleting the F2f..ini file.
Of course, how simple why didn't I think of that at the time!!!!!

And so, today I have come into the office (with my home laptop anticpating the worst), deleted the Fld2Fin.ini file from the office computer, run the program, and Eureka !, all runs 100%.

Great relief.

So thanks Dent,
You have helped solved what looked to be a major problem.
ColC

Postby Dent Cermak » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:29 pm

TAH DAH !!!!!! :D Really glad that helped you with your problem. There's simply a TON of good ideas buried on this site.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey