Begin and end lines

Moderator: Carlson Support

Begin and end lines

Postby kdickerson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Any idea why when I import a .txt file, Carlson draws lines between points with descriptions such as EP1, EP2 etc. but does not draw lines between points with descriptions with TPS B, TPS E etc? I probably have a setting not set right.
kdickerson

Re: Begin and end lines

Postby Ron Larson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:04 pm

I don't believe you can have spaces in your codes try TPSB TPSE as an example
Ron Larson

Postby Nava Ran » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:14 am

Check Special Codes
if BEG Code is B
and END Code is E
Nava Ran

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:22 pm

You MUST have a space between your descriptor and your alpha linework commands. Whatever you use for "Begin" and "End" must be set under the Special Codes setting as Nava mentioned.
Additional alpha command characters such as B, E, CLO, etc. must be preceeded by a space, otherwise the software sees only a real long word and not a command. This is one advantage to using the +7 and -7 to begin and end lines. Cuts down on the number of key strokes and ,on some data collectors, getting to the space bar can be a PIA.
Remember this too if you are trying to do multicodes. Trying to draw a utility line AND add a symbol at the same time requires a space between the feature codes. Otherwise the software sees only jibberish. Entering a code of "OHEPP" will give you nothing, while "OHE PP" will draw the power line and add a powerpole symbol at the same spot.
Dent Cermak

Postby kdickerson » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:06 pm

I can have both descriptions such as EP1, EP2 etc. AND TPS B, TPS E and have F2F draw lines between them. I had to uncheck all three (3) boxes in the Code Table Settings.

Draw Field Codes Without a Suffix as Points Only
Use Multiple Codes for Linework Only
Stop Linework at Gap in Point Numbers

I'm still learning, but getting better.
kdickerson

Return to Survey