Extend and Trim

Moderator: Carlson Support

Extend and Trim

Postby Yahooty » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:01 am

Why can't I extend to a line that is projected to be an intersect point? I think the same thing is true with the TRIM command. Is there a setting I can change?
Yahooty

Re: Extend and Trim

Postby Mr_W » Fri May 15, 2015 7:45 am

Sorry to piggy back on this thread.
Can anyone help..... I have a couple of questions....... (thanks in advance)
1) when using SurvCE and I locate a couple of building cnrs, and then use Draw>Extend>by distance, that all works like a charm. my question is how is this brought back into Carlson Survey? do i need to create points at these corners to allow me to bring in the crd points? or export a DWG with points as Carlson blocks? any helpful hints would be great, and how do people address when you do the field to finish and the double up of line if bringing in the exported DWG.

2) in Carlson Survey (using intellicad and Survey 2015) is there a way of snapping (probably not the right term, but from civilcad/magnet background) my points onto a line? Similar to Add Polyline Vertex.... but not shift the line to the point, rather snap the point to the line. I have a long winded workaround by using using Creating points on a centreline from offset points, but i would like to shift my points and not create new ones.

3) In SurvCE again, is there a way of exploding a polyline into individual line segments?

Cheers again, regards Jeff.
Mr_W

Postby Streek » Fri May 15, 2015 11:40 am

Yahooty,

Issue the TRIM or EXTEND command, one of your options is E for EDGE, that will do what you are looking for.

8)
Streek

Postby Gibbo » Sat May 16, 2015 10:33 pm

Yes, in the Trim or Extend command, press E to choose (E)dge and press E again to choose
(E)xtend, then it will project to the intersection.
Andy Gibson
Brisbane, Australia
Gibbo

Return to Survey