Attribute questions

Moderator: Carlson Support

Attribute questions

Postby drewbacca81 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Carlson comes with a symbol block called spot_z1 with attributes for adding an integer and decimal place separately for labeling spot shots. Does anyone know of any way to set this block up in f2f to get these attributes to auto populate?
drewbacca81

Re: Attribute questions

Postby Dent Cermak » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:37 am

I suppose that is one way to do it. Go to your F2F file and edit the code for your spot shot. On the opening page, about half way down and on the right is a radio button that says "GIS/Notes/Point attribute labels". Click that. Check the box next to "Elevation". Set the text size and symbol and you are ready to go.

But then, I personally hate that nasty "x" that marks the spot shot. I use the CofE method of letting the decimal point of the spot shot mark the location on the ground. Looks "cleaner" and much less cluttered. You can do all of this via the "Insert points" routine. You'll notice they even have an option for place the decimal on the node. It works pretty good. ONE THING though, because of varying text spacing , be sure to use the simplex text style.( You can use other styles, but you may find that you will need to do a small mass move on the spot shots for the most accurate position.)

Try both ways. I think you will find the insert points option to be much easier and more flexible.
Dent Cermak

Re: Attribute questions

Postby drewbacca81 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Thank you Dent! That's actually what we ended up going with. The point attributes are just too fiddly to deal with.
drewbacca81

Return to Survey