entity snap toolbar

entity snap toolbar

Postby dspr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:26 pm

Does this not exist for Carlson Survey/IntelliCAD?
dspr

Re: entity snap toolbar

Postby gskelhorn » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:32 pm

It does. Not sure what version you are running. Try right-click on the toolbar area Show Toolbar | ICAD | Entity Snaps
gskelhorn

Postby dspr » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:41 pm

Thanks gskelhorn. There is a toolbar button that opens a dialog box where you can use radio-buttons to select running snaps, but I was looking for a toolbar that has a button for each snap. See attached image..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dspr

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:26 pm

The method I described will display the toolbar you seek, assuming the application config is in a reasonably default state... make sure you right-click on a toolbar and not the bottom status bar. A popup menu should display where you can choose "Show Toolbar" then "ICAD" then "Entity Snaps"
snaps.png

Alternatively you can run the TOOLBAR command, change the toolbar group from Carlson to ICAD and select the Entity Snaps toolbar.
2019-03-14 09_09_02-Select Toolbars.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gskelhorn

Postby dspr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:14 pm

It seems that the version of ICAD that I am working with (I assume it's the latest version since we just bought the software) doesn't include this toolbar (see attached). Oh well- I will make my own when I get a chance.

Incidentally, can you explain how to attach an image to a post on this forum? I tried uploading an image to imgur and surrounding the link with [img] tags but the image doesn't show up when I preview it so I just attach the image instead.

Thanks!

snaps.png
dspr

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm

dspr wrote:It seems that the version of ICAD that I am working with (I assume it's the latest version since we just bought the software) doesn't include this toolbar

Thanks dose make it difficult indeed :wink: Wonder if the toolbar is present if you create a new default user profile or a different workspace?
Fastest result will likely be contacting Carlson Support. They are very helpful. Email support@carlsonsw.com

dspr wrote:Incidentally, can you explain how to attach an image to a post on this forum? I tried uploading an image to imgur and surrounding the link with [img] tags but the image doesn't show up when I preview it so I just attach the image instead.

Add the image as an attachement, then you can choose to show it inline.
gskelhorn

Postby dspr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Thanks gskelhorn. I sent an email off to carlson.
dspr

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:09 pm

dspr wrote:Thanks gskelhorn. I sent an email off to carlson.

Just curious... did you find a solution to allow displaying the entity snaps toolbar?
gskelhorn

Postby dspr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:45 pm

Yes it was resolved. Carlson sent me this:

Do you have major customization done to your toolbars / menus / ribbon? If no then the easiest way is to reset interface to default. Light method is RESETUI command. If it doesn't help please close Carlson, search in Windows Start menu or Windows Search "Reset Carlson iCAD 2019 User Profile", run it, then wait a minute.

The RESETUI command didn't work but "Reset Carlson IntelliCAD 2019 9.0 User Profile" worked.

I got a bunch of toolbars available that weren't before, including the Snap menu, which is more functional than the LDD version, as you can toggle on and off running snaps with the toolbar
dspr

Postby dspr » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:57 pm

It's strange that I had to do this because the software was installed just a few days ago and I did no menu customization.
dspr

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:27 pm

Does sound strange, maybe it tried to import a user profile from some older Intellicad install? Good to have the full toolbox though!
gskelhorn

Postby dspr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

gskelhorn-

It turns out I did have two other Carlson installations from a trial I did a couple months back. One for the Embedded version and one for the IntelliCAD version- both 2018 (current version is 2019). I uninstalled them both but the folders were still left behind in Program Files, so maybe that caused the toolbar issue. Since we talked it reverted back so my snap toolbar disappeared and wasn't available to reinstall so I ran that reset program again and it came back. So I deleted those other Carlson folders so hopefully that solves the problem. Just wanted to keep you updated in-case someone else posts a similar issue. :)
dspr

Return to IntelliCAD General