Control File Problem

Moderator: Carlson Support

Control File Problem

Postby jbrun » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:13 pm

I was on a bridge job the other day and I have a control file and job file set up for this job. I have the job file setup to use the control file for control. I have the same point number with different coordinates in each file, one for a wing point in the job file and one for a control point in the control file. I was running a Topcon 8003 robot with an Allegro CX and SurvCE 2.09 to stake out a line. I backsighted using the control file and when I went to stakeout a line form point to point from the job file using the same point number but with different coordinates as the control file the software seemed to take the control file coordinates and overwrite the coordinates on the job file. What is going on I never had this happen before??? Any suggestions
jbrun

Postby eakers » Fri May 01, 2009 6:20 pm

Under the Job Settings button, go to the Stake tab. Is the check box next to "Control file points have Priority for Stakeout" checked? If it is, uncheck it, then put your coordinates back in your job file.
Eric
eakers

Control File Problem

Postby jbrun » Fri May 01, 2009 10:07 pm

It is unchecked. I went through it again and it only seems to overwrite that job file point if the control file point is being occupied or backsighted in the backsight routine. Somethings wrong!!
jbrun

Postby eakers » Mon May 04, 2009 12:54 pm

I have ran in to that before myself. I was informed by my local dealer that you can't have duplicate point numbers between the control file and your job file. Couldn't explain why. I changed the way I do stakeouts by starting my job file at something like 100 or higher depending on the last number of my control file.
eakers

control file problems

Postby Hwy_steve » Fri May 08, 2009 4:45 pm

When you start a new job (blank) that is linked to a control file, you will notice that upon orientation or resection, the control pts are brought into the current job. i think that is what is happening and your stakeout pts are being overwritten. I also avoid this problem by keeping the pt numbers in the job and the control very different. i.e. control=cp10, job=10.
Hwy_steve

Return to SurvCE General