SurvCE 2.04 glitches with Sokkia Set 230RM

Moderator: Carlson Support

SurvCE 2.04 glitches with Sokkia Set 230RM

Postby ramcdermott » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi,

I use a Sokkia Set 230RM and the latest version of SurvCE fixed a lot of problems. There are still some annoyances I’d like to tell you about that I’ve run in to though.

Store Pts.:
1) When I’ve taken a shot and start to fill in the description, the auto fill jumps in and fills in a highlighted description from the list of previous descriptors. (I use a blank list to begin with). That’s cool. But, say I’m typing in PP NO NUM (power pole no number) and there is a previous description that is PP#123456E. I type PP, the #123456E is highlighted, and when I hit the space key, the cursor jumps to the end of the previous description…after the E in this case…and if I’m not paying attention, I end up with this: PP#123456ENO NUM. It only happens when the data collector is hooked up to the instrument and after taking a shot. If you try to do it with the data collector unplugged, when you hit the space key it deletes the highlighted text and inserts a space – exactly what I want it to do.

2) I start a new job and I tag a control file. Then I go to the store points screen. Even though I've entered a point from the control file, when I try to highlight the instrument point the screen jumps to another screen that asks me if I want to use an Azimuth only for my BS. Then I have to exit that screen and re-highlight my instrument point. I then arrow down and enter my HI, my BS point (The Azimuth fills itself in) and then that’s it. Using the arrow down or tab key after that step doesn’t go anywhere. I have to use a stylus to get to the BS HI.

3) When I’m doing topo, the arrow down screen moves the entry up instead of down. If I want to go down I have to hit the up arrow or switch to the left tab key.

Elevation Check:

1) The program works good but the resulting rw5 file and text file is truncated, leaving the cuts and fills off…the most essential part of the elevation check.

That’s all I’ve run into so far. Other than these few quirks, your latest version is running really smooth.

Thanks
ramcdermott

Return to SurvCE General