sokkia gsr2700 isx localization issues

Moderator: Carlson Support

sokkia gsr2700 isx localization issues

Postby pls6755 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:27 pm

sokkia gsr 2700 isx, using as a rtk rover, bluetooth cell (windows) using sokkia gsr netlink, carlson 600 surv ce 2.51, 5hz rate 10 degree mask
on the L-NET rtk network (multibase)

my issues are 2:

1. there are days when taking readings, that they are read at a rate (valid readings) of about 3 to 4 per second (showing on the collector)
then there are other days when it reads at a much slower pace of 1 per second or less (1 for every 2 seconds +/-)

2. when the signal is good (fast readings) the stakeout of localized points hits within 2 to 4 hundredths,
when the readings are slow, staking localized points are off up to .015' or 0.20', and that's just by moving 10 feet away and going right back to that same point....

all of this regardless of how many satellites are being tracked...

has anyone out there ran into this before?

i would really appreciate the help..... thanks
Eddie A. Martinez, PLS
pls6755

Postby jahco@aol.com » Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:00 pm

It usually seems to be due to the current sattelite configuration. If you look at your skyplot and you see the current configuration will have multipath issues because of where you are on the site, then you may have to work in a different area that is more favorable to the configuration then come back to the trouble area later in the day if/when you get better sattelites. If you are in an open area and multipath should not be an issue, I found that a reset of the EQUIP/ROVER option in SurveCE will get you a proper fix or even resetting the file (exit out then back in of SurveCE) along with a reset of the cell phone link should do it.
John
jahco@aol.com

Return to SurvCE General