Surveyor+ Connecting to Pc with Win7

Moderator: Carlson Support

Surveyor+ Connecting to Pc with Win7

Postby ColC » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:54 am

I am having problems setting up my Surveyor+ to connect with a new computer which runs Win7. I have not mastered the full intricacies of Win7 and cannot get a successful connection. I previously was using ActiveSync. There seems to be new equivalent Sync Centre in Win7. I used Bluetooth for a variety of other uses. It works fine when set up, but setting up is often a lot of trial and error.

I would be happy to share somebodies success story.

Thanks
ColC

Postby Ken Kasbohm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:10 pm

I have a Carlson Surveyor+ which I connect to a Win7 PC running Mobile Device Center. I use a USB cable to make the connection, full size USB plugs into the PC and Mini USB plugs into the B port on top of Surveyor+. After connection is made in Mobile Device Center window go to "File Management" and "Browse the contents of your device" this will open another window where you will see the drives on the Surveyor+. The Surveyor+ is now like another hard drive on your PC so you can go to where the files are stored and copy, cut, paste, delete ect. just like you would any other folder. I have not tried the Bluetooth to connect to PC so I can't help with that. Hope this helps.

Ken
Ken Kasbohm

Colc

Postby ColC » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:30 pm

I will give that a try and keep at it with the Bluetooth. I have got to the stage where both the PC & the Surveyor+ acknowledge each other, but no ability to transfer info as yet.

Many thanks for your help
ColC

Postby mdriver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:28 pm

I haven't had a getting connected problem with Win 7 and a Surveyor+ but have had problems with the connection timing out even in the middle of file transfers or SurvCE updates.

I will say that I do have a Allegro MX for use with my Leica 1205, have successfully connected with USB to the same Win 7 computers and been able to do a complete update/install using the executable files from Carlson's SurvCE page. Haven't tried many (meaning numerous amounts of files) file transfers yet though.

With the Surveyor+ though I have always have to get Carlson tech support to send (or navigate me to) the cabinet file so I can load and execute that way. Works but kind of a pain.

I also have been able to use the Bluetooth functionality to do the same and when all elee fails........I can connect via 9-pin serial.

Mark Driver
mdriver

Return to SurvCE General