Leica 1200 and Allegro MX

Moderator: Carlson Support

Leica 1200 and Allegro MX

Postby mdriver » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:19 pm

I saw a post from June or July 2010 from BDecker and wanted to bring it to current. I also responded via PM.

My main focus though is my second to last paragraph. Anyone wanting to chime in on this? It may be simple but seems kind of confusing to me. I like the way Leica's chargers are. You have a discharge function so you know for certain if your batteries are fully charged or not.

Thanks

My PM response to BDecker below:

Did you ever get your Alegro MX w/Leica 1200 working right out of suspended power?

I have had a Leica 1205 for almost 6 years but had the Leica onboard software with the RX 1220. Love and still have it but I also use Carlson's GPS and their Civil Suite desktop software. I just purchased (approx. a month ago) a Allegro MX with Leica's GeoCom modem. Works great. I haven't had the problem with the lock ups coming out of suspension.

The unit came with SurvCE version 2.52.2 and now has version 2.54.17 of which neither had this problem.

I did, however, see a discussion involving the same issue while using MicroSurvey Field Genius. The site admin chimed in and indicated that only the MX had this problem and suggested a workaround while they figure it out. Seems to be a software driver lag or something as you had the same issue with older software and so did another user with MicroSurvey. Interesting.

I was just checking to see as I came across your post while actually looking for information on understanding the MX's battery settings?
Man this is a little confusing. Meaning if you charge your battery whether it be in the unit or externally you can change the settings in the MX to show different values. Meaning, if you pick the radio button "charge unknown" you may see a drastic change in the %age of battery life left OR if you pick "Full Battery" you will see a full battery indicator but your battery may die in 20 minutes while in the field. Very frustrating as all I want know is if the battery is charged or not charged.

Ever need any discussion regarding Carlson or Leica let me know and we may can exchange e-mails or business numbers.

Thanks,
Mark Driver
Landmark Surveying Associates, Inc.
Knoxville, TN
mdriver

Return to SurvCE General