Robotic Traverse

Moderator: Carlson Support

Robotic Traverse

Postby jbrun » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:35 pm

I'm using a Topcon 8003 robot with a RC-II unit and controlling it with an Allegro CX with version 2.03. In the configuration menu under Sets I have the Traverse D & R selected and Topography D & R selected. When I go into store points and tell it to take a traverse shot it records the data and creates a point but, does not do a D & R shot just Direct. When I tell it to take a reading it does a D & R shot. However, it computes a point opposite from where I am a complete 180 degree turn. What is going on? Do I have something setup wrong? Again, I am just communicating with an RC-II unit robotically. :(
jbrun

Postby tstrickland » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:25 pm

I have noticed the same thing with 825a, communicating with bluetooth radios, in previous versions. I haven't tried it with 2.03 yet. This is something that needs to be addressed, definitely a long time bug, imho. It just don't work right with topcon robots in D&R traverse sets. Other sets appear to work OK.
terry
Edit: However, I don't think I did D&R on the backsite. Might make a difference there.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to RTS