Sokkia GRX2 (GPS) Reset Receiver from Skyplot screen

Moderator: Carlson Support

Sokkia GRX2 (GPS) Reset Receiver from Skyplot screen

Postby tsurvey » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:29 pm

Sokkia GRX2 (GPS) Reset Receiver from Skyplot screen (SurvCE) not performing correctly

We do a lot of heavy bush topographical surveys using tall expanding poles and raising the receiver up 6m and higher and taking observations ( rotated to minimize and average the bubble and pole bend errors).

I would like to have assistance with getting the reset function to work as it did with SurvCE 2.5 and our previous Sokkia IS2700 GPS.

Current Equipment
RTK GPS Sokkia GRX2 with Glonass (4.7 latest firmware) – Carlson data recorder loaded with SurvCE 4.07.

By the going into the survey or stakeout screen and selecting:
Monitor/Skyplot screen – Quality tab – Reset
I generally get no verbal response and no “receiver reset” showing on the screen, and I get no change in any of the displayed readings of latency, Local elevation, Local Northing and Easting and the various DOP readings. The displayed HRMS and VRMS remain unchanged apart from normal fluctuations.
Occasionally I get the screen showing “receiver reset”, but no verbal response. No other changes indicated.
Very rarely I get the screen showing “receiver reset and a verbal response of Receiver reset, but not “RTK lost”. No changes of displayed readings.

By inverting the GPS for 10 seconds or so I can get the verbal “RTK lost” and the latency, Local elevation, Local Northing and Easting and the various DOP readings ALL change as with the earlier IS2700.

It is not practical to invert a receiver on a 6m pole. By the time it is back in position through the canopy, it has got another load of poor data to process.

I can use the longer set of steps and force the GRX2 to dump ALL the current data by exiting Store or Stakeout screen and selecting:
Equipment - GPS Utilities – Reset Receiver.
This way I get a full re-initialization. However to continue working I have to then exit to:
Equipment - GPS Rover – Green Tick
Then the device reconfigures the receiver and radio.

I look forward to any comments to help.

Thanks,

Tony Smitheram
NZ
tsurvey

Return to GPS