Starting Carlson Survey with a Custom AutoCAD ARG file

Moderator: Carlson Support

Starting Carlson Survey with a Custom AutoCAD ARG file

Postby tglidewell » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:23 pm

I am trying to set up some basic networked support paths for AutoCAD to use when it fires up. The problem is when Carlson starts and opens AutoCAD with Carlson addon it uses a CARLSON2022 profile that overrides my customization.

Any help would be great.

Thomas Glidewell
Carlson 2022
tglidewell

Re: Starting Carlson Survey with a Custom AutoCAD ARG file

Postby gskelhorn » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:29 pm

tglidewell wrote:I am trying to set up some basic networked support paths for AutoCAD to use when it fires up. The problem is when Carlson starts and opens AutoCAD with Carlson addon it uses a CARLSON2022 profile that overrides my customization.

Thomas, a couple of things you can try. First is you should be able to make the customizations in the Carlson2022 profile if you wish. Second is you can specify which profile you want Carlson to load. See Settings | Carlson Configure | Startup Settings. I use this dialog to set my default custom profile and to set the default template to use for new drawings. Sounds like the second option best fits your question.
gskelhorn

Postby tglidewell » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:19 pm

That would be an option but let me explain a little more on what i am trying to do.

I am responsible for installing the software for the end users. My goal is to install AutoCAD and then install Carlson on top of AutoCAD, then when the end users logs in and fires up Carlson all the settings are automatically done in the Software. I have done this with basic AutoCAD and all it's verticals but I haven't found out how to do this with Carlson on AutoCAD, since Carlson overwrites the customization when fired up the first time.
I know you do a CFG file and have the end user use that for these settings but, again that is not the optimal option.

Thanks for your response.
Thomas Glidewell
tglidewell

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:34 am

Hey Thomas, I'm a small operator so I've never looked into installation automation. The folks at Carlson support have likely answered a similar question before. Maybe try emailing support@carlsonsw.com

If you find an answer and share it here more of us may be able to benefit from your approach.

Good luck
gskelhorn

Return to General Carlson Discussion