FLIP TEXT missing???

Moderator: Carlson Support

FLIP TEXT missing???

Postby Horizon09 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I used to use the flip text command ALL THE TIME until I loaded Acad 2009 with Carlson '09. Since then my shortcut for the flip text command fails to work. Even when I type it out longwise it doesn't work. I searched around and found the Carlson Text toobar and opened it. Thankfully the Flip Text command is still there inthe form of a button. HOWEVER, when I click on it, I get an error:

no function definition: TR_ :error#0

All of the other buttons in this toolbar work. So I looked up "fliptext" using the Carlson Help and found that this command is part of the "surv1.lsp" file. But when I search for this file on my C: drive, it doesn't exist.

HELP????????????????????????????????????
Horizon09

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:16 pm

The Flip text routines are in the Annotate pull-down inside of Flip Labels...
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Horizon09 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:41 pm

Ah...I see. Why then does Carlson keep the fliptext button in its toolbar even though it doesn't work?

Also why do some of the flip text options under annotate flip the text but move it to near the origin (0,0,0) ??
Horizon09

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:58 pm

The commands in the drop-down seem to work fine for me, please let me know which ones are not working for you and how.

I see the issue with the toolbar. I will report this to programming. It does work in the 2010 version.

If you give me a call here at the office I can possibly get it working for you through a web meeting.

Brian
606-564-5028
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Horizon09 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:42 pm

The issue I'm having is with the "Flip Selected Labels" choice. With some text it does exactly what I want (flips it, then I have to adjust the text's location myself...this is exactly what I've been looking for). However it doesn't treat all text the same. For example some text it does the above, other pieces of text it will flip it and MOVE it to the origin, and other text it will do NOTHING at all. This is all done with normal text (not mtext).

All I can attribute it to is the text JUSTIFICATION, if that makes any sense at all. For example, if my text is justified as below, the following happens:

Left, flips and moves to origin (wrong!)
Middle left, flips in its place (correct!)
Center, flips in its place (correct!)
Middle, nothing happens (wrong!)

I didn't check all of the other possible text justifications but most of the text I use is as above, so not sure why so much variation...
Horizon09

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:37 pm

I tested these (and many others) and it seems as though any text with a center or middle justification work fine. This would be due to the design of the command being created for our annotation (i.e. Bearing/Distance) on a line and not random text throughout the drawing. I did look and see another FlipText command under Edit>Text that seems to have even more issues but you may want to give it a try. I will report this to programming for a closer look.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Horizon09 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm

I cannot even use the flip text option under edit > text because it gives me the same error as using the toolbutton.

The text justification issue is very annoying as the text I need to flip is oftentimes left-justify. I think the real issue is not so much the annotation flip text command, but the other flip text command under the edit pulldown...which appears to be more of a general text flipping feature not directly related to annotations. Problem is the command (lsp) just seems to be missing from my computer (the lsp command is absent from the folder when I did a search for it...)
Horizon09

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:11 pm

This case has been forwarded to programming for review per case number FB33341. If you add your email to this posting they will be able to contact you directly if they have any questions. Thank you.
site admin
Site Admin

Postby site admin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:45 pm

The problem with Flip Text with the error about TR_ has been reported and fixed. Please email me directly for the updated file. Thank you.
To install, copy dtm1.fas to the Carlson2009\LSP folder.

bharris@carlsonsw.com
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Horizon09 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:48 pm

Sounds great. Email address is

nrobinson { at } horizoneng { dot } net

Thanks!!
Horizon09

Return to General Carlson Discussion