Running Intellicad

Moderator: Carlson Support

Running Intellicad

Postby Mongoeric » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:23 pm

I am running Carlson 2009 on top of Intellicad 6.5.

Is there a way to run just the Intellicad with what I have?

I'd like to do some not Civil work with Intellicad with the license that I already have.

Thanks for the help.

Eric
Mongoeric

Postby site admin » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:40 pm

No, this can not be seperated. thanks
site admin
Site Admin

Running Intellicad IS possible

Postby BAdkins » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:23 am

You most certainly can run Intellicad without using the Carlson menus, etc. Of course you still have to install the whole Carlson setup, etc. but...

You simply choose the "default" so to speak profile in Intellicad. Then you will get the plain old AutoCAD like menus, etc.

As far as licensing and such, I assume your request was based on having the Carlson license and just wanting to not use the Carlson Customizations for Civil, Survey, etc. and instead just use the "CAD" abilities to do other work.

I believe the software checks for the Carlson license similar to when it runs in AutoCAD. Meaning in various Carlson specific routines it looks for the license and penalizes you if you don't have it - meaning it runs slow or whatever I suppose like it is in demo mode. I do not think it requires an available Carlson license on the network to just use the non-Carlson portion of Intellicad, but I'm not certain of that, and I'm not advocating violating any license agreements, just sharing how I have used the software.

In any case, I am an engineer that does not do much drawing anymore but often open and look at, edit the drawings of our designers. Intellicad works great for that in my oppinion and I use it with the plain AutoCAD like menus.

With the CArlson 2010 release being on the later Intellicad we plan to see if we can install some other 3rd part AutoCAD add-ons to it and see if it performs well. We are trying to greatly reduce ourselves of AutoDesk dependance and just keep a very few AutoCAD licenses. Any case Intellicad has helped make life more reasonable.

I cannot however give you any feedback about how well Intellicad will perform in "plain" mode, just that it will "work." I assume it has all the limitations that many people have shared with respect to performance, etc.
BAdkins

Postby tstrickland » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:17 pm

I read that the plain Intellicad menus will be available in the 2010 release.
I also read, or heard, I think on thatcadgirl.com site that it is possible with 2009, but requires some indirect work arounds.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to General Carlson Discussion