Intellicad 6.6 vs 6.5?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Intellicad 6.6 vs 6.5?

Postby tstrickland » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Can anyone give us a quick short overview of the changes we can expect in the newer Intellicad version that will be shipped with the Carlson Civil Suite 2010?

Are there any new commands/ features that are currently in Autocad, and not in Intellicad 6.5, that will be available in 6.6, such as irregular viewports (for instance)?

I searched for this but didn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Intellicad 6.5 to 6.6

Postby BAdkins » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:54 am

I just ran my Carlson Civil on Intellicad and it updated and the About Intellicad Dialog Box says it is "Intellicad 6.6.51.0 Professional"

I assume then that even the 2009 version is updating the Intellicad engine. I don't know why it's better except for reading the update log that comes up.

But, I suppose if you just update you can see for yourself what is different.
BAdkins

Postby tstrickland » Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:09 pm

That's interesting. I just installed the Civil Suite 2009, and the disk and icon says "with Intellicad 6.5", but when I check the version, it says 6.6.51.0 Professional, so it appears it's included with 2009 now. BTW, I didn't see the update log.

I've been using the standalone Survey with embedded Acad since version 2004, but I think I can get used to the Intellicad interface OK. While some things are missing (or different), there are also other features in Intellicad that are not included in the embedded Acad version.

I'm particularly looking forward to the 2010 version, especially when the Intellicad v 7 is part of the suite. I hope that will resolve some issues.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Return to General Carlson Discussion