Large Drawing Files?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Large Drawing Files?

Postby jbrun » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

What is causing my drawing to be sooo HUGE? Is it all the 3d polylines that I have drawn? Running Carlson Civil 2010 inside AutoCAD 2009. Is there something that I need to turn off? What can I do about this it creates my cursor to stop moving for a little bit while it does a backup. Our normal AutoCAD drawing is around 4,500 kb but when I'm designing with Carlson Civil and start saving it. It is now at 24,000 kb why is this and what can I do to reduce this size?

Thank you,

jbrun
jbrun

Postby site admin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:16 pm

jbrun,

You can type PURGE at the command line and either hit Purge All until it grays out (to remove everything) or highlight different items in the list (layer/blocks) and hit purge, to be more selective. Turn On and THAW all of your layers to be sure that there are not other items in there that could be causing this, i.e. triangulation lines, images, etc. If you still feel it is too large for the information within, try opening a blank drawing and inserting this drawing into it as a block. If you need more assistance after trying these steps, please call us at 606-564-5028

bharris
site admin
Site Admin

Return to General Carlson Discussion