Carlson 2010 and Windows 7

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson 2010 and Windows 7

Postby kwgarnett » Tue May 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Is Carlson 2010 compatable with Windows 7 without local administrator rights? We are about to be pushed onto Windows 7, so I want to be sure I will still be able to do my job.
Kevin
kwgarnett

Postby emorse4487 » Wed May 12, 2010 1:53 pm

As far as I can tell, Carlson 2010 is not considered a legacy program by windows as I have not had any problems running it on our computers with windows 7 under a standard user account (no install privileges).

If for some unforeseen reason you do have problems just setup a new group policy to maintain functionality under standard accounts.
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby kwgarnett » Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 pm

emorse4487 wrote:As far as I can tell, Carlson 2010 is not considered a legacy program by windows as I have not had any problems running it on our computers with windows 7 under a standard user account (no install privileges).

If for some unforeseen reason you do have problems just setup a new group policy to maintain functionality under standard accounts.

Thanks Eric. Hopefully it doesn't come to that. It is nearly impossible to get anything like that done around here. They are taking more and more control away from the people that really need it.
Kevin
kwgarnett

Re: Carlson 2010 and Windows 7

Postby bham4ever » Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:38 pm

kwgarnett wrote:Is Carlson 2010 compatable with Windows 7 without local administrator rights? We are about to be pushed onto Windows 7, so I want to be sure I will still be able to do my job.

Autocad 2010 64 bit and Carlson 2010 seem to work fine in Windows 7 even though 64-bit machines are supported, but Carlson application itself is 32-bit.

Hopefully 2011 version will be 64 bit.

I have not had a problem running it in Windows 7 Ultimate.
"Never say Never"
bham4ever

Installation Problem on windows 7 64 bit - Please Help

Postby Mole_Tr » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:36 pm

Hi all,

I've installed ACAD MAP3D 2010 64 bit on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS without having a problem. I've also downloaded and installed Carlson 2010. During the installation everything was fine but when I started Carlson I got the following errors on command line of ACAD;

Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: CARLSON
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACAD10TB
Regenerating model.
Initializing....
There are no valid MS Jet providers installed......Done.
AutoCAD menu utilities loaded.Error 2: Carlson Software installation is not
complete. Please reinstall.
The Windows registry for Carlson Software has not been set!
Needed for proper Carlson Software operation.
; error: bad argument type: stringp nil
*Cancel*
Command: COMMANDLINE
Command: _MAPSTARTWSPACE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could not use the menus etc.

I've already uninstalled and re-installed Carlson 2010 twice but nothing changed.

Is there any solution for that?

Thanks & Regards
Mole_Tr

Postby kwgarnett » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:28 pm

Try right clicking on the icon you use to start Carlson and choose run as Administrator. We had that same error here on the same setup, and also on the 32 bit version. It appears that you only have to do that one time, after running as Admin one time, everything seems to be fine from there out just running as standard user
Kevin
kwgarnett

Return to General Carlson Discussion