Startup Drawing Wizard

Moderator: Carlson Support

Startup Drawing Wizard

Postby LowcountrySurveyor » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

I use Carlson Survey 2011 with IntelliCAD, but I think my problem is relevant to all 2011.

I use "Startup Drawing Wizard" to start new projects. I select "Set" under Project Folder and navigate to the proper folder. Then, I select "Create Directory" and name my new project.
My problem is, when I close out of that and select "Set" under NEW Drawing, regardless of what I named my project folder, it will be called "NEWFOLDER1."

I tried to do it with 2010, and it worked fine. Is this a new setting I have wrong or a bug?

Thanks.
LowcountrySurveyor

Postby emorse4487 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:45 pm

My guess:

Go to Settings>Set Project/Data Folders

Click on "Project Data Folders Setup" and make sure you are using the correct project folder list, load the correct ".prf" file just to make sure.

You will also want to check "Data Type Sub-folders" to ensure files are being saved in their prospective folder.

If that doesn't work give me some more info and I'll try to recreate the problem.

Edit: After reading your question again, I don't think that suggestion has anything to do with your problem. What version of windows are you running? It seems to work fine with XP & Civil Suite 2011.
Eric J. Morse, P.E.
MEC Industries, LLC
emorse4487

Postby LowcountrySurveyor » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

Those didn't seem to help, but I did find a "fix".

After I type the desired project folder name, I click my mouse "out in space" instead of pressing enter, then I click ok and it saves the name.
LowcountrySurveyor

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:32 pm

LowcountrySurveyor wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.

After I type the desired project folder name, I click my mouse "out in space" instead of pressing enter, then I click ok and it saves the name.

Yes, this is the same way I have been getting around it also. I have reported it but there has been no fix or follow up. It is just one more of the very many things that don't work quite right. Perhaps it is all related to the fact I am using Intellicad... I suspect not.
gskelhorn

Postby LowcountrySurveyor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm

gskelhorn wrote:
LowcountrySurveyor wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.

Yes, this is the same way I have been getting around it also. I have reported it but there has been no fix or follow up. It is just one more of the very many things that don't work quite right. Perhaps it is all related to the fact I am using Intellicad... I suspect not.

At least it's not just me.
How do you report bugs? Just call Carlson? Maybe if more than one person reports it, they may look into it.

Thanks.
LowcountrySurveyor

Postby gskelhorn » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:46 pm

LowcountrySurveyor wrote:How do you report bugs? Just call Carlson? Maybe if more than one person reports it, they may look into it.

Thanks.

You can send an email to support@carlsonsw.com or phone 606-564-5028

There is also a problem report page available at:
http://update.carlsonsw.com/webforms/anomaly.php

This info is from: http://www.carlsonsw.com/support.html incase I've made a typo!
gskelhorn

Postby cyberfiche » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:32 pm

I'm using Civil Suite 2012 on top on Civil 3D 2012 and AutoCAD 2012. I have the same problem. The work-around is getting me by. The idea is to make sure the folder path listed just above the Create Directory button is correct. Notice that the name is NewFolder1 until you click out in space, or hit the tab key. Then it changes to the correct name. I can deal with with work-abound, but the most frustrating part is having to tell the rest of the office staff that they can't just click OK.
- John E. Prevette III, P.L.S.
cyberfiche

Return to General Carlson Discussion