Pausing/processing

Moderator: Carlson Support

Pausing/processing

Postby monksjm » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:18 pm

I ran into this prior to getting a new pc here at the office, and now a co-worker is running into it. While working in Carlson Civil Suite 2012, on top of ACADC3D 2008, every 2-3 mins his pc will freeze or pause, then catch up to any typing or clicking he does while paused. He's convinced this is ever since the 2012 upgrade. We're on the 111103 build. Anyone else run into this. I'm hoping to not have to go through the re-install process but it's looking that way.
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 pm

A reinstall is not a big deal. Just download the latest .exe file for your product. (First of all use Control Panel to remove the existing software.) When you get the .exe file, just double click on it and let her go.
It will not "undo" much of anything and you will not have to re-register the product.
Dent Cermak

Postby monksjm » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:16 pm

dent...Yes i'm fully aware of the processes to reinstall and remove products, my question is simply if anyone has run into this "pausing" issue?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:33 pm

I understood that and evidently no one, so far, is running into that. Either way, usually the best fix is to look for the latest version of the software and/or any patches that may be available. Both exist for your product.
Dent Cermak

Postby dvertz » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Yes. We are now searching for a solution. We have found this does not happen when Autocad Civil 3D is ran without the Carlson modules.

There had been a license issue where it took over 40 seconds to get a license from the server. When first encontered, Brian at Carlson log in and added the LSFORCEHOST environment variable which cut the time down to about 5 seconds. That was acceptable. Then it slowly creapt back up to the 40 seconds. Now we found we had to remove the secondary server from the variable to get it back to about 5 seconds.

Funny thing is, another system in the office that uses Carlson does not even require the LSFORCEHOST setting and has not issues getting a license. However, I saw it yesterday that he is having the pause issue. It just irritate him like it irritates me.
Autodesk Civil 3D 2008, Version B.51.0 (Unicode), Network
Carlson Civil Suite 2012, Survey & Civil Installed
Update to build 120219 installed on 3/2/2012
Windows XP Pro 5.1.26, SP2
Intel Pentium 4 @ 2.8GHz, 2.5 GB RAM, 80 GB
dvertz

Return to General Carlson Discussion