GOOGLE EARTH CLOSES

Moderator: Carlson Support

GOOGLE EARTH CLOSES

Postby mlbtruth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:45 pm

Every time I insert an image from Google Earth as soon as the image inserts into the dwg Google closes. in my 2010 version it didn't do that, but in my 2013 version it does. Has anyone found a setting or solution for this?

Thanks,
Truth
mlbtruth

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Try saving the view as an image file on your computer and then insert it as a raster image into your drawing.Google Earth will close whenever you either open a new ap or close out Google Earth.
(If this is what you are already doing then the problem is the image has been inserted at 0,0 at a scale of 1. Scale it up and slide it into place, use whatever croping you want and you should be fine.)
Dent Cermak

miscomunication

Postby mlbtruth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:16 pm

What I meant to say is that when I insert a google image into my dwg it comes in just fine. I just want the Google Earth page to stay open. It closes as soon as I insert the image. im inserting multiple images and verifying different things from google so I dont want to waste time re-opening google everytime I want to use it. I want to keep it open so I can reference it if needed. I was able to do this with 2010 and 2011 Carlson, but I recently installed 2012 and the Google page keeps closing. I tried it on a coworkers computer and theirs does the same thing.
mlbtruth

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 am

I can confirm the same thing happens to me. I don't have a solution for you but at least you can know you are not alone :-)
gskelhorn

Return to General Carlson Discussion