Carlson Update Wizard

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson Update Wizard

Postby monksjm » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:22 am

I'm running ACAD C3D 2012 with Carlson 2012, 64-bit. Ever since upgrading to the 64-bit, whenever the Carlson Update Wizard pops up on start up, it zips through the downloading process and says it's complete, but yet my "build" date never changes. The papers will still be floating from folder icon to folder icon, but it seems like nothing has happened. This happened this morning, was there a new build as of today or an update as of today?

We have 2013, but have yet to load it. I'm thinking its probably a good time soon, but is there something wrong with the auto updater?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:29 pm

From what I have seen, there is a difference between an "update" and loadibg the latest "build".
Updates are just that, multiple fixes to reported problems or code changes to facilitate the software. I have never had them change my "build date". In essence the updates may be the same as what is on the latest build, but I don't think the software changes your build date.
Just let it do its thing and rest easy. If you just must have the latestt build to be comfortable, go to the web sites and follow the steps to download the latest build. I do that every so often just for snits and giggles.
Dent Cermak

Postby R Stillwell » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

Be wary of 2013. There is a bug that causes XREF's to change from Full Path to Relative Path that I reported back in March (Case 70516) that still has yet to be addressed.

If you don't use Full Path XREF's then the 2013 version has some pretty neat new tools.

Unfortunately I use Full Path so all I can do is set and stare at the shiny new toys I paid for and can't use.
R Stillwell

Return to General Carlson Discussion