Civil Suite 2014 Slower...

Moderator: Carlson Support

Civil Suite 2014 Slower...

Postby monksjm » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:00 pm

We've upgraded all of our pc's to run on Autocad 2014 (either straight, map3d or Civil3d) with Carlson Civil Suite 2014. First off re ran into a problem with the needing to install a txt file into the registry called surrogate.txt. The other thing we've noticed is when a user opens just Map3d for example through the icon on her desktop, it still says Carlson GIS 2014. So when one of our 2 network seats isn't available she gets timed out. Even though she is only trying to complete an "Autocad Map 3d" basic command (move, erase, copy...etc). The other thing i've notice is the program is definitely slower. Opening a drawing, Going into the options dialog box, o snaps and turning on and off Ortho. I'm getting stalled on all of those minor task and it's really annoying me. Now i'm not pointing the finger at Carlson but am wondering if anyone else is running into this? Is Acad 2014 unstable? is it Carlson? Why are we all the sudden running into problems that were not problems before. Also most of the if not every time we close Autocad using the "x" in the top right, we get an fatal error followed by the AutoCAD report screen. The problem is I contacted Autodesk, and the conversation came to a screeching halt when i told the customer service rep that we used Carlson. He immediately blamed Carlson, which i think is not the case. I can't stand the finger pointing game by them. So that is why i'm posting here. Anyone else run into problems?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Return to General Carlson Discussion