Carlson keeps unloading AutoCAD Map menus when opening DWG's

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson keeps unloading AutoCAD Map menus when opening DWG's

Postby PRBCADGuy » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:19 pm

I have Carlson 2014 (Survey/Civil Design/Hydrology/Underground Mining/Surface Mining) installed on AutoCAD Map3D 2014 (64bit). I am trying to get the program to open up with the Map menus loaded - instead the Survey menus are loaded! (using Map Classic view - not ribbons). I can switch back to the AutoCAD Map menus no problem, but when I load a new DWG or open an existing DWG it switches back to the Survey menus!

I noticed that every time I open a new/existing DWG this command shows up "Customization file unloaded successfully. Customization Group: AC14BASE" So, basicially the AutoCAD Map menus are unloading. Does anyone know how I can stop the AutoCAD Map menus from unloading?

In General Settings I have the AutoCAD Menu set to AutoCAD Map Classic.

My band-aid solution: I figured out that I can use the acaddoc.lsp file (that is called whenever a DWG is opened) to include the command (scad_baseload "ACAD")... which causes Carlson to load the AutoCAD Map menus instead of Survey, but that means if I am working in Survey the menus will switch back to AutoCAD Map with every new/existing DWG opened... so, not an ideal solution...
PRBCADGuy

Re: Carlson keeps unloading AutoCAD Map menus when opening D

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:34 pm

Have you tried making those changes in your dwt file? Select that dwt file whenever you start a new drawing. (When you start a new drawing, the first popup should be the dwt selection menu.)
Dent Cermak

Postby PRBCADGuy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Hmm... I don't understand how I could modify our DWT files to amend this problem. You mean put LISP code in a DWT, Dent?
PRBCADGuy

Postby Dent Cermak » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:26 pm

Go to the file pull down and tell it to OPEN and then select the default dwt file. Now save this dwt file using the "Save As" option and name this dwt whatever you want. Now go and set ALL of your custom settings, type in ALL of your layer names and settings, insert any custom blocks that you want (Erase them in the dwt file screen) and set everything to what you commonly use. Once you have EVERYTHING set as you want, save the dwt file.
From this point on, start all new drawings with the "NEW" command under the file pull down. (The NEW command on the pop up menu automatically defaults to the last set dwt file or the Survey.dwt. I never use this option to create a new drawing.) Doing it that way the FIRST thing you will be asked to do is select a dwt file. Select your new custom dwt. Now, all of your layers and their settings should be there and any custom setups you made should be there.
IF this does not work, then you may have to be sure to set the proper "workspace" in your dwt file. If that is set correctly, each new drawing opened with the new dwt file should open in the correct workspace.
Dent Cermak

Return to General Carlson Discussion