Grid Coords and Ground Distances

Moderator: Carlson Support

Grid Coords and Ground Distances

Postby mderks » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 pm

I've searched the forum but haven't seen anything that addresses this issue recently. There were some posts back in 2012 that were not resolved so maybe there has since been a feature added.

We work in UTM's and the scaling and report features work really well. Our issue is in design using Carlson Survey. When working in grid but all the design numbers are in ground, we must scale each input on the calculator before entering in Carlson Survey. This method is time consuming and causes additional stress that an error will be made. If I need to offset 85m, I would like to enter 85m and not have to enter 84.952, for instance.

We use Carlson Survey 2018 Intellicad.

Thanks!
mderks

Re: Grid Coords and Ground Distances

Postby gskelhorn » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm

I realize this is an old post but I would like to add I would be very happy to see an input scale factor option for Carlson commands as well as a transparent command we can use to apply the input scale factor for built-in CAD commands.

In case it is useful to others I will add, the CG-Survey commands DO have both an input and output scale factor setting that works for CG commands. Note: They function independently from the Carlson commands and the Report Distance Scale in Carlson drawing settings.
gskelhorn

Return to General Carlson Discussion