Need patches for C7G for DOS ver 4.5 & Windows XP Home

Moderator: Carlson Support

Postby gmccbi » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:57 pm

Does anyone know where I can get patches for the SU program to correctly run it under Win XP Home?

I finally got the security key (dongal) to work and the SU program comes up to the main menu correctly - not in demo mode anymore - but many of the options/letters do not work properly. They simply go to a blank screen and hang.

In the recent past I was told by T/S at Carlson that "there are patches for SU and XP" but, as yet, have not been able to locate them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This computer is not mine - it is my customer's and I am pulling my hair out trying to get everything configured correctly. I just spent the last two days working with Safenet to get the security key to work, now I just have to get the programming running properly so I can get this system back to my customer.

Thanks for any and all help.
gmccbi

Postby burkemitchell » Tue May 04, 2010 3:15 pm

There are no patches for any particular operating system. The CG DOS software will run on any Operating system that runs DOS graphics applications - basically everything from Windows 98 up to and including XP.

I would recommend that you go to the Carlson Downloads page and, under CGSurvey > CG-SURVEY for DOS, download the file CGDOS_disks_1-4.exe and re-install CGDOS using floppy disks. This is the most up-to-date version of CGDOS we have available.

We have had good luck using the Rainbow/Sentinal Drivers found on the same download page. You should probably uninstall whatever driver you have now and install this version.

If your client has CGSurvey 9, 18 or 19, they could use the software protected version of CGDOS found on the same download page. This version eliminates the need for a dongle but requires a purchased serial number from one of the above mentioned versions of CGSurvey in order to run.
BMitchell
Carlson Software
burkemitchell

Return to C&G