Lineweight

Moderator: Carlson Support

Lineweight

Postby mark baker » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm

I just got my Panasonic DP 1520 P and my HP T1000 to work with Carlson 2013 with embedded Autocad. When I plot my map all my lineweights are the same. How do I configure the lineweights for example, the color blue should be the darkest (property lines) and the Text layer (green 91) should be a little lighter. Thanks.
mark baker

Re: Lineweight

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:08 pm

You can set line weights two ways. One, you can assign line width under the Layer Properties Manager and maintain them in your *.dwt file.
Secondly, you can type "PLOT" and in the plot window, at the upper right corner, you will see a box for the "Plot Style Table". At the far right of that window is an EDIT button. Click on that and set the widths as desired. I save that file as a *.ctb (color table file) and use my custom file on every drawing. You can mix the settings so that you get black and color lines in plots as desired.
Dent Cermak

Postby mark baker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.
MB
mark baker

Postby mark baker » Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:57 pm

I previously ran Carlson 2007 StandAlone. I still have that program on one of my computers. I want my line weights in 2013 to match what I had in the 2007 version. How do I check to see those settings under 2007? Thanks.

MB
mark baker

Postby Dent Cermak » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:54 pm

your 2007 version should have a plot file "SURV.ctb?" OR a "*.stb file". Check your PLOT window. If the widths are set there then search under the plotter set up in your Carlson files. IF it is there, you can copy it over to your new software and your line widths will be restored. You may want to give it a new name like FRED.ctb, or something you can easily remember. When you copy that file to the plotter file of your new software, it will show up on your PLOT menu popup. All you have to do is select that file and you are ready to go.
Dent Cermak

Return to Survey