Adding to SurvNet project

Moderator: Carlson Support

Adding to SurvNet project

Postby cerolli » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:19 am

I have a project under way. I did a SurvNet adjustment of a complicated traverse and the resulting coordinates are being used to draft the plan. Now I want to add another leg of field data and adjust that with survNet. I expect that if I add it to the original SurvNet project, there may be minor changes to the adjusted coordinates we are already using.
Would it be better to start a new project in SurvNet and adjust the new leg by itself (using !!! ***and inserting formerly adjusted applicable points)?

Chris in NH
Chris- NH USA
cerolli

Forever upating coordinates.

Postby cujo » Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:35 pm

Tardy answer, I know, but thought I'd chime in...

I think this question can ultimately only be answered by the person signing for the work.

If your formerly adjusted survey had sufficient redundancy, then as you state, adding more observations should only change the resulting coordinate ever so slightly. My course in this case may be to bring in the resulting coordinates from the fisrt adjustment as fixed points (as you suggest).

If you left open legs, or had minimal cross-ties, then this new information could change the accuracy of your survey significantly.

Either way, it would not take more than a few extra minutes to first bring in the new observations, compare the newresults with common points from the first adjustment, then make your decision based on the amount of "movement".
Take care,

Rich

Carlson Survey 2010 Standalone
Allegro CX SurvCE 2.5
Leica 1203 Robots
Leica DNA Level
Sokkia SDL Levels
cujo

Return to SurvNET