Carlson 2008

Moderator: Carlson Support

Carlson 2008

Postby monksjm » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:54 pm

Ok couple of things, Is there an easier way to inquiry Station/Offsets than going through the "Label Station/offset" pull down? Error when loading Carlson, something about LAND08TB.cui not loaded cause it already is? If it's already loaded why is it loading it. And my third question is more of a complaint to the guys at carlson. Ok, so you make a software that is to be run on top of an existing software that people are familiar with. Then you go and change keystrokes for commands? Why? Why not make your own keystrokes, changing offset, insert, "ed" for text edit things like that make me and other users more frustrated. You advertise your software as being easier to learn and understand, don't make those of us that switch pay for it by changing what we know. :x

ok sorry about the venting, just found it frustrating.

Also I'd like to know who's idea it was at Autodesk to take away the control button for suppressed items and make it a two button thing and also the creation of the point snap was stupid cause now i can't use "p" to initiate the perpendicular osnap. Thanks for the time
monksjm

correction to last post

Postby monksjm » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:59 pm

It was Carlson's bright idea to creat the point osnap. Great idea, but change the initiate keystroke to something other than p, maybe "x" or "b", something that isn't already in use. Again, you advertised your software to be the opposite of Autodesk. Listening to the users. Well I'm a user and i feel that you shouldn't fix it, if it isn't broke.
monksjm

Postby LNelson » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:35 am

For the querying of Station-Offsets, try Centerline -- Calculate Offsets.

In regard to the LAND08TB.cui file, you might want to contact the Support staff about that one. I suppose its possible that AutoCAD can't locate that CUI file on the AutoCAD Support File Search path and adding the folder where that file resides into the Carlson profile may resolve the problem.

While I can't speak to the decision to "go and change keystrokes for commands," it was probably done to provide the users with what are hopefully superior routines to the native routines found in AutoCAD. If you are accustomed to particular commands, examine the functionality of the Settings -- Quick Keys command.
Ladd Nelson
Carlson Software
LNelson

thanks

Postby monksjm » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Thanks for the Replies!
monksjm

Return to Civil