Daylighting to different Surfaces

Moderator: Carlson Support

Daylighting to different Surfaces

Postby monksjm » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 am

Is there a way to Daylight a road on the Left to a particular surface, and on the same road daylight the Right side to a different surface? The workaround that was done, was running the road twice, with a right and left side template, then merging the two created surfaces into one. If it could be done in one step it would be a time saver.
monksjm

Postby Jason » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:37 pm

Make a modified surface maybe that changes on the center-line with the tin file utilities before you process the road.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby monksjm » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Yeah i had thought of that, but the person i work with that was doing it was looking for something quick, he said civil 3d could do it so he was used to that. I did what you suggested on a project of my own being that surface creation and manipulation is so easy. thanks.
monksjm

Re: Daylighting to different Surfaces

Postby kcrawford » Tue May 13, 2008 7:24 am

monksjm wrote:Is there a way to Daylight a road on the Left to a particular surface, and on the same road daylight the Right side to a different surface? The workaround that was done, was running the road twice, with a right and left side template, then merging the two created surfaces into one. If it could be done in one step it would be a time saver.

When processing the road, turn off the option to tie to existing surface (remove cut and fill items from the template also). Just have it draw the template polylines into the plan view. Then using DESIGN PAD TEMPLATE, choose the leftmost template line with a target of one surface file. Repeat on the rightmost template line with the other surface. This should draw the 3D geometry necessary that indicates surface intercepts to differing surfaces on each side of the roadway.
kcrawford

Return to Civil