Plot Styles

Moderator: Carlson Support

Plot Styles

Postby monksjm » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:13 pm

This is somehwhat of an autocad question, but I'll shoot anyway. We here use drawing specific, sometimes sheet specific .ctb files. This is something i've never seen done until i started here. We do landfill work so hence the reason for needing so many colors and it varies job to job, phase to phase. Currently we revise the acad.lsp file by adding a routine at the end. To get this routine to work we have to bring up the acad options dialog box, "ok" out of it, then go to the print menu. The act of doing this, tells autocad to change the path that it searches for ctb files to the folder that the current drawing is located in. Does anyone know of an autocad setting that will run this routine automatically? Does anyone else do this currently? I know it's pretty awkward and standardization is necessary, but it's not going to happen anytime soon when you're working on jobs that are still around after 20 years.
monksjm

Postby dr » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:43 pm

I do not no of any routine that will process your custom routine automatically. This level of customization may not have been anticipated by Autodesk. As you have stated the best way to accomplish your goal is to standardize your ctb files and possibly create a standard drawing template to house specific layer/color information that can be used in all projects.

DR
dr
Site Admin

ctb

Postby monksjm » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm

I actually worked out a lisp routine this morning that helps with the situation. Every time the dwg file is opened, it refers to the dwgfilename and grabs the location then sets the ctb path. Thanks for the input though.
monksjm

Return to Civil