Exporting Surfaces for Trimble Machine Control Equipment

Moderator: Carlson Support

Exporting Surfaces for Trimble Machine Control Equipment

Postby kingeng » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:49 pm

A client has asked me if I can export my final design surfaces to his Trimble machine control equipment. I am currently have the 2008 Civil Suite and know I can easily do this for Topcon and Leica equipment, but am unfamiliar what is required for Trimble eauipment. Does anyone else have any experience with this.
kingeng

Postby Jason » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:11 pm

I dont know what format Trimble uses but most softwares can read a LandXML. You can export your surface to a LandXML file under file-import/export LandXML. You need to pick Selected Data Files when prompted, name a new XML file to be created and then use the add button to add your surface file. After that just hit next and use the defaults for the next screen and you will have your surface in a LandXML format.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

TRIMBLE FILES

Postby JTELDER » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 pm

THE TRIMBLE SITE VISION OFFICE IS LIKE THE 3D OFFICE YOU USE FOR TOPCON FILES. IT WILL EXTRACT 3D TRIANGLES FROM A .DWG FILE JUST LIKE THE TOPCON PROGRAM. THE TRIMBLE IS ACTUALLY A LITTLE EASIER TO BREAK UP A LARGE SURFACE FILE THAN THE TOPCON. IT WILL ALSO IMPORT A VARIETY OF SURFACE FILES FROM DIFFERENT PROGRAMS. IF YOU USE 3D OFFICE TO EXTRACT YOUR SURFACE FROM A CIVIL DWG, THEN THE TRIMBLE WILL BE NO PROBLEM.
JT
JTELDER

Return to Civil