triangulate inclusion/exclusion lines ignored

Moderator: Carlson Support

triangulate inclusion/exclusion lines ignored

Postby David Sperduto » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:46 am

I have set up a perimeter inclusion boundary using Tag Predefined Boundaries. When I go to triangulate, Carlson prompts me with a little dialog window to select Predefined Boundaries. Although I also have a few exclusion boundaries on the list, it only gives me a chance to choose one boundary. Ok. So I choose my outer inclusion boundary (3D polyline). Then I get:

Can't Open file USER\carlson.ini
Select the points and breaklines to Triangulate.

So I have to laboriously go around the whole 230 point drawing and select the points I want used for contouring.

Am I doing something/forgetting something here? Why don't I get to choose my exclusion boundaries, too? The contouring seems to be done correctly once I select all those points, but my exclusion boundaries are ignored.

I am using Carlson 2009/Intellicad

Thanks for any help!
David Sperduto

Postby jbrun » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:19 pm

I have the same problem!! Lots of issues with the intelicad software running carlson. Hope they get things fixed soon
jbrun

Postby TJ » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 pm

I usually just set the option within Triangulate & Contour to use Inclusion/Exclusion areas. It then prompts me to select any Inclusion polylines, then Exclusion polylines, then elements to use for contouring. It usually honors those limits very well. My problem is that is pulls triangles to the perimeter inclusion line, even though it's at 0 elevation & I make sure it's not included in the selection set.

Then again, I'm using 2008 w/AutoCAD. That appears to be the catch here.
TJ
TJ

Return to Civil