Can't save as a 2008 LDD file as 2004 format dwg

Moderator: Carlson Support

Can't save as a 2008 LDD file as 2004 format dwg

Postby doggarn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:44 pm

I have the civil suite 2009 w/intellicad 6.2 and it can't seem to get the software to take a 2008 LDD file that is very simple with a lot in a subd. and topo and aec points and do a simple save as in 2004 format dwg. I get multiple errors before closing but when I try to open the dwg created it does a fatal error sometimes so it can't even open at all or if it opens it has many errors and won't let me save it at all. This is very important so any help would be appreciated.

Update 9-17-08

Okay support told me today that if I have any aec objects in a dwg from LDD/Civil 3D it will corrupt the dwg so you can't save as another format (2004,2000). Note this is with the Intellicad 6.2 and won't be fixed for some time.
If you can explode them before you open them in Intellicad 6.2 then you can save as in a lower or higher format.
Sure enough when I got a dwg that had no aec objects and the save as worked perfect.

The answer for this with CC suite 2009 on top of Autocad is another story that is more workable because of the enablers you can load. The only point I have found with this is the enablers are only workable with the version of acad the dwg was made with. This is still awkward.

Mike
Mike in Raleigh
doggarn

Return to Civil