road prism template question

Moderator: Carlson Support

road prism template question

Postby Evan Williams » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:44 pm

How does one design a road prism template which in a cut condition, the slopes go down to daylight rather than up. There seems to be a assumption made by the software that one would never want a cutslope to angle downward through existing ground to daylight. This is exactly what I want, but I cannot see how to achieve it in Carlson Civil.

I've tried various ditch options, and negative slopes, etc., but I haven't hit upon the right technique. It should be straightforward, and I suspect that I am missing something quite simple. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

I am using Carlson Civil Suite 2009 in AutoCAD Architecture 2009 (ACA09) on a stable and powerful XP Pro (SP2) machine. (By the way, the Carlson software seems to run just fine in ACA09.)

--- Evan
Evan Williams

Postby Jason » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 pm

In the current release, we don't have a method to force cut in fill or force fill in cut but my programmers replied that they are working on it and will have it in there soon.
Carlson Tech Support
606-564-5028
Support@carlsonsw.com
Jason
Site Admin

Postby Evan Williams » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Thanks for your reply, Jason. I also got a note from Dave Carlson through Gary Rosen, saying that the option to do "cut in fill" would be added to the 2010 release of Carlson Civil.

My work-around was to use an appropriately deep ditch with the right foreslope, and then daylight with a 1% cutslope. That technique, through a bit of trial and error, got reasonable good volumes for the purpose.

Thanks again.

--- Evan
Evan Williams

Postby Nava Ran » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:17 pm

Try:
Sections>Input-Edit Section File>Edit
Tie
Nava Ran

Return to Civil