Profiling Errors - Program Crashes

Moderator: Carlson Support

Profiling Errors - Program Crashes

Postby EMcCall » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:25 pm

While profiling (mostly while drawing the sections/ grids, but not consistently), my CAD program shuts down with no warning. Soon after, the messages below tend to appear:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error! Program C:... R6025-pure virtual function call.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x670071 Exception at 77561a41h

Already have uninstalled and reinstalled CAD and Carlson software. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions? Feeling out of options! Thank you!!
EMcCall

Re: Profiling Errors - Program Crashes

Postby vtminer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:33 pm

I've had this error before, but I can't remember exactly what caused it. It's either one of 2 things. First off, are you running Autocad 2009? If so, go to Microsoft's website and find the latest update to the .NET framework. I believe it's 3.1 now. If you scroll down the page, you'll see a download link for the FULL .NET package (somewhere around 200 mb I believe). Download this. Before installing, go through the add/remove programs and uninstall all of the previous versions of .NET starting with the newest (if you're running 2009, it's probably 3.0) and working backwards. After this, install the 3.1 full package. If this doesn't solve your problem, then it probably is the Communications Center in AutoCAD. I had this issue with 2008. If you have the maintenance pack with Carlson or your CAD distributor, you should be able to contact them and they can log into your computer to disable it. That's what I ended up having done. Hope this helps.

EMcCall wrote:While profiling (mostly while drawing the sections/ grids, but not consistently), my CAD program shuts down with no warning. Soon after, the messages below tend to appear:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error! Program C:... R6025-pure virtual function call.

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x670071 Exception at 77561a41h

Already have uninstalled and reinstalled CAD and Carlson software. Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions? Feeling out of options! Thank you!!
vtminer

Postby EMcCall » Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:42 pm

Thank you so much! I will definitely try that! I really appreciate the help!
EMcCall

Re: Profiling Errors - Program Crashes

Postby vtminer » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:07 pm

I just checked. It's actually version 3.5 for the .NET framework. They also have a service pack out for 3.5 now. I haven't installed the SP1 for it yet, but had significant improvements in speed for 2009 with the 3.5 version. Having to reinstall everything now since I just got a new computer for the new year!
vtminer

Postby EMcCall » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:15 pm

Thank you again! I look forward to trying this out! Hope you have a good time with your new computer!
EMcCall

Return to Civil