Site Investigation Locations

Moderator: Carlson Support

Site Investigation Locations

Postby monksjm » Tue May 12, 2009 12:18 pm

Here's my dilemma. We have a site investigation project. There are about 120 locations some locations containing 3 or more instruments. At each location/instrument (187 total) I will need to attach 15 to 20 values. Right now my initial thought process is to bring in the locations through a comma separated values file (.csv) as points with a symbol. Then do the same for the values, having the description be the location and the elevation be my value. Some of these values will then need to be the basis of a surface. I was wondering though if there was a way in civil/civil suite to have one object with 15 to 20 values attached that i can easily turn on/off as if they were layers, but in a multi-text form so if i turn off values 1-10, that values 15-20 show up next to the object and not 10 lines down from the object. One of the biggest problems I'm having, is that in some situations some locations will need to be turned on and turned off. So i plan on bringing the points in on layers based on their description, this will cause me to have 187 different layers, plus 187 x (15 to 20) layers for the values. My second thought was to do these as xrefs as to cut down the number of points/layers in a single drawing and also to help with the organization of the layers. Anyone have any good ideas on how I should go about this?
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Return to Civil