Civil Suite 2010 problems?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Civil Suite 2010 problems?

Postby tstrickland » Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:49 pm

I downloaded the Civil Suite 2010 from the Carlson website, and I'm having a lot of problems. I installed it on both my office and laptop computers. I'm using the Intellicad platform on XP home. I'm getting error messages on startup, and some things won't work, and it eventually locks up. I downloaded and installed both builds 091018 and 091023.

Has anyone else had any problems with it, or is there something wrong with my computers?

I have an older Autodsys version of Icad on my computers, and wonder if this could be part of my problem. Maybe I need to un-install it?

It didn't find and register dwg2imagex.dll and qopen.dll. Also, warning: missing translation file *\carlsonoffice.mo. Also, survey-10.mnu not found. It don't recognize the osnap settings (+dsettings), please try again. And, the right mouse button don't work.

Is this module with Intellicad working OK for everybody else?
Thanks in advance.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby ColC » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:57 am

It hasn't been smooth sailing for me so far. On one computer (a little older) I have had to increase the virtual memory allocated by windows to 3500mb. I found some processes to be a little slower than I expected mainly editing a point file and F2F. I am not certain as yet whether this has fully solved the problem. This had been a problem I had earlier with 2009 and it did help. When I view task manager while these long processes are running the CPU allocation is very high. I am not sure of the implications of that.

On another computer (faster & newer ) it was processing OK but I got into a lot of problems when I was trying to plot a layout. I finished up opening the job in 2009 Embedded to plot.

I don't recognise the files that are not loading and that is not happening to me. With The faster and newer computer I had to wind back the graphic hardware acceleration found on the desktop, to get my mouse to work with object snap.

There are lot of enticing improvements in 2010, however , I suspect I will running Embedded for some time yet.
ColC

Postby tstrickland » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:46 pm

Carlson Support is Tops!
Apparently there was a configuration file missing, maybe due to downloading from the net. They logged onto my computer, and fixed it promptly. Working like it's supposed to now.
Many Thanks!!!!

PS: You know, I've been using the Standalone version of Carlson Survey with embedded Acad since v2004, and it's pretty much met my needs. After playing a little with the Intellicad version, I think I'm going to get along with it OK. While there are a few things missing or different from the embedded acad version, there are also a lot of things in the Icad version that are not available in the Acad standalone. Also, I believe we can expect to see the Icad getting better and better, especially with version 7 and newer releases. The folks at Carlson have been working hard to make it work correctly.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby ColC » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:12 pm

I agree 100% on both points. Carlson support is first class. I have responses within 24hrs for most of my problems and thats pretty good because we are already 15 hrs ahead of you here in Australia.

The enhancements which been made with each new version is always impressive and likewise I am looking forward to the latest running on Intellicad 7.
ColC

Postby ColC » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 pm

How's this for service. I was working at home late(after midnight) , I sent of a email to the Carlson team identifying a problem with the F2F reduction. I woke up the this morning, checked my email, and there is a file to correct the problem.

The support team must have had a pretty difficult time in the last year, but I think they have really done well this 2010 is looking better each time I use it . I suspect my embedded package will start to fade into the background.
ColC

Postby hydrokiwi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 pm

Carlson support is excellent!

On software like this there needs to be a partnership between users and the software developer because many users will run into stuff that the developer did not and can not forsee in designing the software.

Carlson does listen to users and is working hard to make the ICAD version of the program into a great tool.

The bonus is you get a great AutoCAD clone which has a lot of additional functionality for civil engineers that would cost a fortune with AutoCAD or Civil3D plus add-ons.
hydrokiwi

Carlson Civil Suite 2010 problems

Postby monksjm » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Quickkeys have reset completely. I've lost all the alias' I had which is weird because initially after the 2010 install i had no problems. But yesterday it reset, not sure when or how...or why.

Also, the draw 3d polyline Dialog box comes up every time in a new session. no matter how i set it. I always have to go through the settings again.
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Return to Civil