tech support Derek

Moderator: Carlson Support

tech support Derek

Postby monksjm » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:23 pm

I spoke with you yesterday on the "Display order by layer" command. After starting a new with the drawing to clean it out, it still did not work. So i did an AutoCAD repair. Still didn't work. Then I cleaned out both the send to back and bring to front categories. Then ran a purge. and Poof! the problem was solved. Here's what i've figured out. The command has the "use last" option where it keeps the layer names of the previous time used in the sides. So if those layers do not exist in the drawing it has the error issue. And being that the layers are referenced by that command, they're not purged when you run the purge command. However, if you clear both categories on the right side, then close that command, run a purge to get rid of the unused layers (the ones left over if the command was run in another drawing). Then run the command in your drawing, it runs as it is supposed to. Just wanted to pass that along.
Shaun Morrison
Civil Designer/Drafter
Sevee & Maher Engineers, Inc.
Cumberland, Maine
monksjm

Postby dr » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 pm

monksjm,

Thank you for the information. I have had this issue reported by a few users but was never able to recreate the issue. I am forwarding your information to the Carlson Development team for their investigation.

Thanks again for the information.

Dr
dr
Site Admin

Return to Civil