Does anyone from Carlson read these boards?

Moderator: Carlson Support

Does anyone from Carlson read these boards?

Postby R Stillwell » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:43 pm

To date of the 5 or 6 questions I have posted on these forums. A big Zero of them have been answered or even responded to.

Is anyone from Carlson out there? It's not like I'm asking difficult questions.

Several are as simple as "Yes, that is possible." or "No, that's not possible but we'll add it to our list of things to do."

I hate to bug customer support with every non-emergency question I have but this is starting to get a whole lot frustrating when every thing I post gets 30+ views but no answers.
R Stillwell

Postby tstrickland » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Not very often, as evidenced by all of the various ads for movies, vinyl siding, etc.
They provide the board for user interaction mostly.
If you are having an issue, best bet is email or phone support.
Terry Strickland
tstrickland

Postby R Stillwell » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:28 pm

I guess so. And to date anything sent directly to customer support has been quickly answered.

I just didn't want to bug them with non-emergency questions.
R Stillwell

Postby site admin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi,

We apologize for not spending a lot of time on here but as Mr. Strickland pointed out the board is mostly for users to be able to ask other users questions back and forth. We do try to get in here from time to time and check on things but as of late it has been a little busy here in the office. If you do have questions and haven't been able to find answers here, please email us directly at support@carlsonsw.com and we'll be able to respond in a timelier manor. We just do not have the resourses to monitor this forum daily. Thank you.

Bharris
Carlson Software
site admin
Site Admin

Postby Slim » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 pm

Might it be beneficial for those that use this board to have a "User Moderator" as I've seen on other boards?
Slim

Postby David Sperduto » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 pm

Slim wrote:Might it be beneficial for those that use this board to have a "User Moderator" as I've seen on other boards?

Good idea. I've been disappointed, too, because answers on this forum can be thin on the ground. But there is some help here, and all I can think is to try harder to provide answers myself when I can. I notice there are a few users who have been generous with their help, and all I can say is, "Thanks!". And at least Carlson is about 40,000 % more responsive than Autodesk ever was (my experience, anyhow). But yes, a more robust board would be great.
David Sperduto

Postby Dent Cermak » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 am

There would be no need for a volunteer moderator if everyone simply took the time to answer any question that they could. There are some who prowl this site regularly looking for answers and are willing to answer what we can. We need more people like that.
I feel like that if I have had a question answered, then I owe the site an answer on down the road.
Some people have worked hard on configuring their set up and may not be willing to give away that info for free, and that is fine, but how about some specific hints on how to achieve what we are looking for?
I do not expect to find a detailed instruction set on how to fully implement Field To Finish, but some pointers I have received here have led me to the goal I desired.
I have been to two Carlson College trainning sessions and am willing to give what help I can. I do not know everything yet, but I will share what I know that works, but I will not set up your F2F for you nor will I build your DWT's or do your other configuration for you. I will show you the way, but you will do the final work. Your setup will be different from mine, based on your needs, so you have to set up your own files.
Everyone needs to get more involved. If you get help, give help. Check this site regularly to see who needs what. The more people we help, the more people that will buy the software. The more people that buy this software, the more clients that will want Carlson files and our jobs will be easier. Who knows, maybe the more software sold may result in more comfortable pricing structures?
Dent Cermak

Postby ColC » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:44 am

I have to admit to being a to CSF addict. I check this site almost on a daily basis. There are many posts which I would like to respond to, but my time ( like many others) is limited. The bedding in of Intellicad has been very time consuming. I pleased to say with the great help from the Carlson support team, the sun is begining to shine on the 2011 version. So I hope I can respond more often in the future.

The forum is for (freely)sharing of information on all aspects of the software. There success of the forum is dependant on participation by the widest range of users. The level of input I believe is very high. There is almost a new posting every day. Because the forum is so accessible, some may have too higher expectation for a reponse. If there is critical issue then I would suggest directly contacting Support. There is also a growing library of downloadable movies on the Carlson Site, which I have found useful (and very entertaining).

One addition I would like to see added to the software which would assist in problem solving is the page referencing of screens. A reference at the bottom of the screen could assist in describing where the problems and where the solutions could be found.

Keep the info flowing and we all benefit.
ColC

Return to Civil