Converting from Eagle Point to Carlson

Moderator: Carlson Support

Converting from Eagle Point to Carlson

Postby Dman2900 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:40 pm

We are converting over and are running into a problem. With Eagle Point we could pull P/P sheets and the plan and profile would be xref'd into a new drawing.

We have tried to pull p/p sheets w/ Carlson and it looks like all of the profile info is brought into the drawing in paper space as its own line work, we are using the option to create a new drawing for p/p's....and when we try to update/edit the profile it wants to pull the sheets all over again and loose any info that we have added and not just update the profile......and the plan is created from line work brought into the new drawing....so there is a copy of the plan info.......

Am I losing it or is there something small that we are just missing?

Are there any tutorials on how to pull p/p sheets?

Help form anyone would be appreciated.....

Thanks!
Dman2900

Postby R Stillwell » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:22 pm

There is a video from Nov 15th 2007 that covers Plan & Profiles.

I don't know if it will answer your questions or not but it might be a place to start.

http://files.carlsonsw.com/mirror/movie ... 111507.wmv
R Stillwell

Postby Dman2900 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Watching that now but it still has not answered my question.......still looking......Thanks
Dman2900

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:43 am

Excellent question...

I'm relatively new to Carlson. Initially I spent a lot of time trying to get it to generate plan/prof sheets and was unable to get it to work in a manner I was happy with. My conclusion at the time was Carlson tools are not really designed for paperspace (particularly if you work in metric).

Now I just create a new empty drawing and generate the profiles in model space. Carlson tools will update this drawing. I XREF it (and the design drawing) into a new drawing with layouts containing PP sheets. I create the viewports and label the profile in a somewhat manual manner with the help of some ugly hack lisp routines I put together.

I really dislike the way I am currently working so I will watch this thread in hopes of learning something better...
gskelhorn

Return to Civil