Custom Road Templates

Moderator: Carlson Support

Custom Road Templates

Postby MarkJZ » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 pm

I have created a custom road template to use in Road Networks but when I completed it has an incorrect subgrade that I set up. The issue comes with an offset sidewalk that has a width of 5ft. it's subbase is 6ft wide allowing for 6in of base on either side. Using the wrap feature the outer edge is correctly completed but, the interior edge wraps straight up to finished grade. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem. This "problem" creates an issue when I try to use the networks to provide a materials quantity as it gives me more than actually necessary.

For those whom have had a problem with a "Looped" road. I do not believe there is a "fix" for this I suggest playing with shortening the centerline so that it does not actually intersect or extend thru the intersection. Both of these mean that you will have some adjustments to make.

I have been using Carslon software for close to 14yrs and a quite fluent with most aspects of it but am in need of some assistance please
MarkJZ

Postby site admin » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Have you tried sending this to support@carlsonsw.com for them to look at?
site admin
Site Admin

Postby ColC » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:39 pm

I can see the problem. I think it might be wrapping back to where the road subgrade ends.

I was having problems with a loop road some time ago. I found I had to make sure the start of the loop road (stn/chn 0) was not within the intersection area of the branch to the loop road. In my case I had the intersection point stn/chn 30.0. It may work if you started the centreline at -30 which could make the intersection 0.0 .

best of luck
ColC

Return to Civil