Station Polyline/Centerline problems

Moderator: Carlson Support

Station Polyline/Centerline problems

Postby stevedrew » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:46 pm

Station + at Tick Mark labels the station text along the polyline with the '+'.
But it puts it the '+' slightly above the tick on the polyline and not directly on the tick...
I have attached the dialogue boxes to show what I am doing.

Centerline1.GIF

Centerline2.GIF

Centerline3.GIF

Anyones help is appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
stevedrew

Re: Station Polyline/Centerline problems

Postby Dent Cermak » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:05 am

I have a sneaky feeling that it is a "font problem". The stationing may be coded to work with a "romans" text style. Various fonts can cause offsets because of differing internal insertion points. Try "romans" or the "text" or "standard" font and see what happens. Check the style default setting for your arial text style. You may be able to reset one of the settings to get it to line up better. Also, play with various text heights and see what effect this has on your problem.
Dent Cermak

Re: Station Polyline/Centerline problems

Postby gskelhorn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:00 pm

Like Dent mentioned, fonts can make text alignment / positioning to a character in the string difficult. That said, I just tried in one of my projects with Arial font and the '+' is properly aligned with the tick. I was using slightly different settings for metric stationing and text size and using a centreline file instead of a polyline. I tested with my 2012 version on Intellicad 7.1.

Have you checked to verify it is actually the text in the wrong spot and not the tick?
gskelhorn

Return to Civil