How to for beginners?

Moderator: Carlson Support

How to for beginners?

Postby DanielLittle » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:20 pm

I am a field surveyor who is learning autocad(carlsonsw) 2021.

Initially I am not doing any hard projects. I need to know how to draw and annotate basic square residential plots of land, most of which I personally collected the data for.

Does anyone know of or have a good beginners guide to carlson embedded cad?

Please note, I have taken and passed all courses offered by autodesk for the standard autocad 2022. I am looking for specific beginners guide/videos for embedded carlson cad software and more specifically for drawing standard square residential lots.

ANY tips, guides, preferences, really any information pertaining to would be a great help.
DanielLittle

Re: How to for beginners?

Postby tfaulkner » Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:13 pm

You might want to check out Carlson Academy. It has a lot of video tutorials to help get you started. Note that there is a link at the bottom of the webpage to a video showing how to sign up, log in, etc.
https://account.carlsonsw.com/login

CADapult Software actually has a couple of introductory books you might want to explore
https://cadapult-software.com/

CArlson also offers ad-hoc training if you want to get one-on-one assistance. You can email info@carlsonsw.com to get connected with your regional sales rep, who should be able to recommend additional training options.
tfaulkner

Re: How to for beginners?

Postby KrystelBotello » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:48 am

If you're completely new to Autodesk software then perhaps just fire up plain vanilla AutoCAD. There are plenty of tutorial sites on the internet. You can download student versions of almost all Autodesk software from the AD website.
In reality the best way to learn AutoCAD is to start drafting. Even if it's just reproducing the drawings of others.
I am using AutoCAD a lot in my work and I have a XP-Pen Deco 03 drawing pad in my house, so. I use it and rotate back and forth between that and a mouse to stave off carpal tunnel pains. I recommend it to you.
hope this can help you.
KrystelBotello

Return to Survey