field to finish overwriting existing layer assignments

Moderator: Carlson Support

field to finish overwriting existing layer assignments

Postby El Duderino » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:36 pm

Hello. Does anyone know how to stop f2f from overwriting a point from an existing layer to misc?

So like, when f2f brings in the points it will put whatever doesn't have a code set up for it on to a miscellaneous layer. This is fine. I'll then assign those points to the right layer. Or sometime I don't like the shots the guys made and I'll just move those points to a "frozen" layer. But then if I run to f2f again it overwrites those points and put them on the appropriate or misc layer.

Anyone know a way to keep f2f from doing this? Besides just using a block of numbers or point group? Thanks.
El Duderino

Re: field to finish overwriting existing layer assignments

Postby gskelhorn » Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:51 pm

El Duderino wrote:Hello. Does anyone know how to stop f2f from overwriting a point from an existing layer to misc?

F2F optionally deletes existing entities created using F2F.

Each time you run F2F it will create entities as defined in the configuration.

So my take would be it is deleting the one with the changed layer and creating new entities based on your configuration

You can disable erasing existing F2F entities if you really want but I either edit the point codes or define codes for the project to have F2F put things on the correct layer rater than change the entities after running F2F. Effort should be similar but the payoff for F2F doing what you want is greater if you run F2F again.
Screenshot 2021-08-14 102937.png

Look at using the Report Codes to show the undefined codes you need to address. Then you can edit point code, define new F2F code, or setup a code mapping
Screenshot 2021-08-14 104800.png

Screenshot 2021-08-14 104912.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gskelhorn

Return to Survey